Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Red Sox Decline Options On Scott Atchinson and Dan Wheeler

Scott Atchison's option was for the 2012 MLB minimum plus $200,000. He remains on the 40-man roster and is not eligible for arbitration. So the Sox could simply tender him an offer at the minimum or slightly above and retain him.

Dan Wheeler is a Type B free agent. So the Red Sox could offer him arbitration and get a draft pick once he signs with another team.

I was really let down by Dan Wheeler who went 2-2, 4.38 ERA with 39 Ks, but none of these guys will be missed. It's weird with relievers because they can be so good one year and suck the next. I mean Bobby Jenks (although I highly doubt it) could have a really good year next year. I don't know what the Sox are going to do bullpen wise, I'd like to say we are going to get Heath Bell and other bad ass guys but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...